EnergyStar Appliance Rebate Program
The Merrimac Municipal Light Department, in an effort to improve energy efficiency in the Town of Merrimac, is pleased to once again offer residents who purchase energy efficient EnergyStar® appliances, rebates to help offset the cost of qualified appliances. By offsetting the cost of these appliances, the MMLD hopes to promote energy conservation and have an impact on the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. EnergyStar appliances have been defined by the Department of Energy (DOE) as being significantly more energy efficient than the average comparable model.
Benefits of EnergyStar Appliances
- Potential savings in energy costs of 15 – 50%
- Reduction of global energy consumption and need for additional generation
- Decrease in pollution from fossil fuels used to generate electricity
- Central Air Conditioning System (SEER≥16 / EER≥13)
- Heat Pump/Mini Split Systems
- Electric Clothes Dryers
- Programmable Thermostat
- Clothes Washer
- Window Air Conditioner
- Electric Hot Water Heaters
- Appliance must be EnergyStar® certified, as determined by the United States Department of Energy. See listing on www.energystar.gov website for more information. Please note that the EnergyGuide tag does not qualify unless the EnergyStar® logo is on the bottom.
- Customer must have an active residential account with MMLD and that account must be in good standing.
- Proof of Purchase after July 1, 2020 must be provided to MMLD in the form of a copy of the sales receipt.
- A copy of the EnergyStar® label from the appliance which shows the EnergyStar® logo or a printout from www.energystar.gov website showing your appliance is EnergyStar® rated MUST be included with the application.
- A complete copy of this form must be remitted to MMLD to be eligible for a rebate.
- The qualifying appliance must be installed at the active account location.
- A limit of two (2) appliances per customer account is eligible for MMLD’s Appliance Rebate Program each program period.
- The rebate will be in the form of a credit to your electric account.
- MMLD reserves the right to verify installation of the appliance for which a rebate is requested.
- MMLD reserves the right to terminate this program at any time during the program year.
Appliance Rebate Form
Once we’ve received the Appliance Rebate Form and verified eligibility, a credit on your residential account bill, for the appropriate amount, will be issued. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for processing.